THE CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR OUR WINTER 2018 ISSUE IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN SEPTEMBER 2018 FOR UPDATES ON OUR NEXT CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR OUR 2019 ISSUE.
We are accepting submissions from undergraduate students, graduate students, and independent/community-based researchers, for the inaugural Spring 2018 issue of In/Versions. We welcome research from all disciplines that critically engage with social and/or environmental issues as they interact and intersect with:
- gender, race, ethnicity, sexualities, (dis)abilities, colonialism and decolonization;
- food (in)security, economy, migration, globalization, transnationalism;
- Indigenous knowledges, practices, praxis and issues;
- new media, science and technology, health;
- ethics, theory, philosophy or practice in social justice;
- new social/political movements; history and analysis of social/political movements.
We encourage creativity in the presentation of research and academic works in the interest of challenging convention, and welcome creative works which explore these topics, including: visual art, photography and photoessays, and creative writing. Submissions must not exceed 3000 words (excluding references).
We also welcome book reviews of books on the aforementioned subjects published in 2016/2017, please e-mail us at email@example.com to inquire about suggestions for books reviews.
Deadline for submissions has been extended to Thursday, February 15th, 2018. Please see submissions guidelines for more information.