Please read the instructions for submissions carefully. Submissions which do not comply with these instructions will not be accepted.
Originality – Submissions must be original work by author(s) and author(s) must own the rights to this work. Submissions must not be previously published or in consideration for publication elsewhere. Unpublished papers from coursework, theses and community research are acceptable.
Plagiarism – All work must be properly credited and cited and must be the author(s) own original work. All submissions are checked for plagiarism. If necessary, submissions will be processed through plagiarism checking software. Learn more about plagiarism and academic integrity: https://www.uvic.ca/library/research/citation/plagiarism/index.php
Style and Formatting
- All citations must follow the latest edition of the Chicago Manual of Style author-date referencing format.
- Submissions must be submitted as an editable Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx format)
- Text must be 12-point font size
- Document margins must be a minimum 1.87 cm
- Submissions must not exceed 3000 words (excluding references).
Images – Unless the images are public domain, author(s) must own the copyright or have written permission from the owner of the images’ copyright. Author(s) submitting photoessays or papers with images will be contacted before publication with further instructions.
Cover page, Abstract and Keywords – All submissions must include a cover page with the following information:
- Title of submission
- Name of Author(s)
- E-mail Addresses of Author(s)
- Institutional/Organizational Affiliation
- Degree Program and Year of Study
- Word Count
- 4-6 Keywords – indicating the major subjects/themes of the submission
- Abstract – maximum 150 words
Please see an example of a properly formatted cover page below: